We are a Different Kind of Law Practice
As driven as the entrepreneurs we serve.
We’re looking for bold forward thinkers, rule breakers, and risk takers. Layfield Law Practice moves at your pace — at the front of the pack. Give yourself the best opportunity for success with the Austin law practice optimized for startups and emerging growth businesses.
Being brave is not being unafraid, it is feeling the fear and doing it anyway.
Layfield Law Practice works with startups and established companies, guiding them through every stage of their growth process. Each step of the journey presents unique challenges, many of them legal in nature. You have to be an expert in many things to run a successful business, so you can’t also be an expert in the law. That’s where Layfield Law Practice can step in for you.
Monica Emilienburg Layfield
Strong. Capable. Consistent.
Monica Emilienburg Layfield boasts 14 years of legal experience, exclusively in business law matters. As an accomplished attorney, she has a long history of equipping startups with the tools they need to go big. Monica will jump in on the ground floor and get things done for you and your business.
Professional Licenses, Memberships, Honors and Awards
- State Bar of Texas, 2006
- Leadership Austin Emerge Program, Class of 2010
- Governing Board, Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas, 2018 – Present
- Board of Directors, Girls Empowerment Network (GEN), 2011 – 2017
- Advisor, UT Law Entrepreneurship and Community Development Clinic, 2014 – Present
- Member, Texas Exes Hispanic Alumni Steering Committee, 2008 – 2010
- University of Texas, B.A., 2000
- Tulane University School of Law, J.D., 2006